How does CoSpaces Edu work?
- CoSpaces Edu is an interactive 3D graphics application running in the browser, on iOS and Android.
- To render real time 3D graphics, CoSpaces Edu uses OpenGL ES 2.0 on Android/iOS and WebGL in the browser, allowing GPU accelerated image processing.
- Additionally, on mobile devices you have the option to go into VR or gyroscope mode to experience your scenes. Your device must have an build-in gyroscope sensor in order to work properly in these modes.
CoSpaces Edu on Android
- The CoSpaces Edu app runs on Android 4.4 and higher.
- In order to experience CoSpaces Edu scenes in VR or gyroscope mode your Android device must have a built-in gyroscope sensor.
CoSpaces Edu on iOS
- The CoSpaces Edu app runs on iOS 8 and higher.
- In order to experience CoSpaces Edu scenes in VR or gyroscope mode your iOS device must have a built-in gyroscope sensor.
CoSpaces Edu in the browser
- Most modern browsers have WebGL support. You can see if your browser does in this compatibility table.
- If WebGL is disabled, you may need to enable it manually. This website explains how to enable WebGL in your browser.
- In order to provide the best user experience, browsers may selectively enable or disable support for WebGL for certain graphics drivers, even when you have the newest version of your operating system and browser installed. Please visit this site for more information.
- Here is a test to see if your browser supports and has WebGL enabled.
CoSpaces Edu on the HTC Vive
- CoSpaces Edu can be experienced on the HTC Vive, using WebVR, an Internet application compatible with the latest version of Firefox.
- You also need to have SteamVR installed on your machine to connect to the HTC Vive.
- Here is the process to follow:
1. Power on your HTC Vive.
2. Launch Steam VR.
3. Open CoSpaces Edu in the latest Firefox browser.
4. In Play mode, click on the VR button at the bottom right hand corner.
5. Scene will be rendered in the HTC Vive headset using the WebVR technology.
Minimum hardware requirements
- Except for the gyroscope sensor on mobile devices (for the VR / gyroscope mode) there are no real minimum hardware requirements in order to run CoSpaces Edu.
- The better the GPU of your computer/mobile device, the better the performance of any real time 3D graphics application, and therefore the better the performance of CoSpaces Edu.
- The complexity of the scene also has an effect on the performance of CoSpaces Edu.
Network access requirements
- Some schools have firewalls that block certain domains and might prevent you from accessing CoSpaces Edu. In order to resolve this, it is necessary to allow all of the domains needed to access CoSpaces Edu's online platform and apps.
- Please contact your IT department and ask them to whitelist the following domains: cospaces.io, edu.cospaces.io, and https connections (port 443) to cdn.cospaces.io.